Piety Hill Musings

The ramblings of the Rector of St. John's Episcopal Church of Detroit. Piety Hill refers to the old name for our neighborhood. The neighborhood has changed a great deal in the over 160 years we have been on this corner (but not our traditional biblical theology) and it is now known for the neighboring theatres, the professional baseball and football stadiums and new hockey/basketball arena.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Monday, January 09, 2006

Go Steelers!

Okay, my blogspot is mostly about things related to St. John's parish, but I have to confess that I am a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. I was in a parish near Pittsburgh from 1996 to 2001, after being a fan growing up (it was easy to like Mean Joe Green and Franco Harris in the 1970's compared to the then lowly local Detroit Lions). People in the Pittsburgh Area LOVE their football, and the team reciprocates that love. I would like to have the Steelers here for Super Bowl XL, in what will probably be Jerome Bettis' (a Detroit native) last game. (photos from Pittsburgh Tribune-Review and www.pittsburghsteelers.com)