Piety Hill Musings

The ramblings of the Rector of St. John's Episcopal Church of Detroit. Piety Hill refers to the old name for our neighborhood. The neighborhood has changed a great deal in the over 160 years we have been on this corner (but not our traditional biblical theology) and it is now known for the neighboring theatres, the professional baseball and football stadiums and new hockey/basketball arena.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Sunday, July 23, 2006

A great week at St. Mike's!

We are back from the St. Michael's Conference for Youth! It went pretty well, with only a few glitches with the conference center itself. Other than that, I think that the Conference itself went pretty well.

In addition to the great Liturgy (nothing beats having about 60 people to worship with every day, Mass and Evensong), and the classes (I think my "Creeds" class went particularly well, and I was very proud of the 3 St. John's kids in my "Christmas and Easter" class - they were very alert and astute!) and discussion groups.

Primarily, we are there to instill in the Michaelites a love for our Lord and His Church, and build up a great army to fight the spiritual battle againsts the temptations of the World, the Flesh, and the Devil.

Here are a few pictures, compliments of Michaelites Ashley Please. When I download my pictures at the office this week I will add them as well.