Piety Hill Musings

The ramblings of the Rector of St. John's Episcopal Church of Detroit. Piety Hill refers to the old name for our neighborhood. The neighborhood has changed a great deal in the over 160 years we have been on this corner (but not our traditional biblical theology) and it is now known for the neighboring theatres, the professional baseball and football stadiums and new hockey/basketball arena.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Start humming "its a small world afterall"

I received this forwarded email from my brother Dave, who got it from a friend he went to college with in Cleveland.....

Dave....you are not going to believe this!!! A little less than a week ago, I get a call from my parents who tell me that they have finally sold their house. I told them congrats it will be nice to move on. A couple days later while talking to them about the house I ask them if they know anything about the buyers. She said she believed that he was a minister in a local church and already lived in Grosse Pointe. I said great. Today I called my mom because she had one of her knees replaced yesterday to see how she was doing and after talking awhile she said,"Your dad brought in cookies yesterday that had a note on them....I thought they were from the neighbors but they weren't, guess who they are from". I said I had no clue. She said they were from the people that bought their house and they had left them on the counter when they had been there for the inspection. She proceeds to read the note and it was a very warm and kind note about buying the house and hoping her surgery went well. At the end of the note it was signed ~ The Kelly's. I said WAIT A MINUTE!!! I went to JCU with Dave Kelly and I know his brother is a minister in Grosse Pointe!!! I said I need to check. I came back to my desk, went to your blog so that I could link onto his blog and guess what is on the front page.....A PICTURE OF THE HOUSE I LIVED IN SINCE I WAS 16. Talk about a small world....your brother bought my parents house! I can't get over this it's crazy. Enough rambling...its a great house and great neighborhood they will enjoy.