Piety Hill Musings

The ramblings of the Rector of St. John's Episcopal Church of Detroit. Piety Hill refers to the old name for our neighborhood. The neighborhood has changed a great deal in the over 160 years we have been on this corner (but not our traditional biblical theology) and it is now known for the neighboring theatres, the professional baseball and football stadiums and new hockey/basketball arena.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Friday, March 14, 2008

Some morning therapy

Last night I was up later than usual, praying and pondering about the happenings in ECUSA.

This morning I got up and prayed and worked out, with it still on my mind.

So I had some horse therapy.


Met up with the Wayne County Sheriff's Mounted Unit in front of the Masonic Temple (a few blocks from St. John's). They were on a turn-out to get the horses (and riders) re-acclamated to downtown noises and sizes in preparation for baseball Opening Day in two weeks.

They will come down a few more times before the big day.

Being with horses is good therapy for me.

I miss the DPD Mounted Unit, but am glad to be involved with Wayne County as a member of their Motor City Horse Force Foundation http://www.motorcityhorseforce.org/