Piety Hill Musings

The ramblings of the Rector of St. John's Episcopal Church of Detroit. Piety Hill refers to the old name for our neighborhood. The neighborhood has changed a great deal in the over 160 years we have been on this corner (but not our traditional biblical theology) and it is now known for the neighboring theatres, the professional baseball and football stadiums and new hockey/basketball arena.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Friday, April 25, 2008

Laughing so hard my side hurts!

Every once in a while I pop in on www.standfirminfaith.com , a website chronicling the strange and sorry doings of the Episcopal Church. And even stranger are the contributions in the comments sections by various regular posters. One of them is a fellow named Irenaus.

Recently the current Presiding Bishop has been taking advantage of her pulpit to push a 'green' agenda (she is an oceanographer by training). For her official Easter message she decided to talk about global warming and how over production of beef hurts the environment because of Bovine Flatulence (yes, boys and girls - Cow Farts as a part of the easter message!)

Recently she spoke on 'earth day' and recommended the use of "SPORKS" (spoon fork combos) to save the environment. She also recommended public transit (I wonder if she uses it in NYC).

Anyway, the commenters on Stand Firm went crazy over the SPORK and very silly! Ireneaus takes the cake with this diddy

Spork of ages, cleft for me
Let me spear my peas with thee
Let my pasta on thee twirl
Give my latte one more swirl
Yea, I laud thee, double tool
Spoon-and-fork that savest fuel


If you want to see the assorment of comments go to
http://www.standfirminfaith.com/index.php/site/article/11957/

Labels: