Piety Hill Musings

The ramblings of the Rector of St. John's Episcopal Church of Detroit. Piety Hill refers to the old name for our neighborhood. The neighborhood has changed a great deal in the over 160 years we have been on this corner (but not our traditional biblical theology) and it is now known for the neighboring theatres, the professional baseball and football stadiums and new hockey/basketball arena.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Sunday, November 09, 2008

First Snow, first Little League Board meeting.

After my first Little League Board meeting tonight, I walked out to see a light coating of snow on my car. Earlier this week it was 70 degrees!

I was elected to the Grosse Pointe Park Little League Board, and am in charge of the Concession Stand for the upcoming season.

It was great to see the "little league dads" at the meeting, and to talk baseball again!

I saw the orthopedist about the shoulder problems from this past season. He gave me some exercises, and recommended icing 1 to 2x per day. Plus no throwing, etc. for 6 weeks.
A week into it and I am already feeling some improvement (which is bad since I am tempted to use it!).

Bring on the Spring!

Labels: