Piety Hill Musings

The ramblings of the Rector of St. John's Episcopal Church of Detroit. Piety Hill refers to the old name for our neighborhood. The neighborhood has changed a great deal in the over 160 years we have been on this corner (but not our traditional biblical theology) and it is now known for the neighboring theatres, the professional baseball and football stadiums and new hockey/basketball arena.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Update (not a Rector's Rambling per say) for November 17, 2020

 Since Sunday's Rector's Rambling was a repeat from a previous year I wanted to say a couple of quick things for the blog.

1) Even though the dioceses in Michigan are shutting down for public worship again, we will be offering multiple opportunities for '10 or fewer' gathering to have Holy Communion.  Stay tuned to www.stjohnsdetroit.org and www.facebook.com/stjohnsdetroit for more information.

2) A few people have asked me 'have you been losing weight on purpose?'.  Interesting question, and the answer is ABSOLUTELY YES.  Using the Keto eating lifestyle, and exercise (mostly rowing which I returned to this summer after 33 years away from the sport) I have lost 72 pounds since May - on purpose.  I am now 10 pounds away from my high school graduation weight and I feel healthier (and am healthier) than I have been in decades.   

3) New headshot deployed for our weekly parish chronicle.  Note the difference from the old one.  See number 2 for the reason why.