Piety Hill Musings

The ramblings of the Rector of St. John's Episcopal Church of Detroit. Piety Hill refers to the old name for our neighborhood. The neighborhood has changed a great deal in the over 160 years we have been on this corner (but not our traditional biblical theology) and it is now known for the neighboring theatres, the professional baseball and football stadiums and new hockey/basketball arena.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Monday, November 27, 2006

Two happy birthdays!


Today (Sunday) we celebrated my son Andrew's 9th Birthday.
Jennifer prepared a wonderful cake for his birthday - pictured here. Jennifer has a real gift for being able to create cakes like this castle cake. William's cake in August was a pirate ship, and Sam's a space shuttle!

Tomorrow (Monday) we celebrate my wife's ______ birthday (you didn't actually think I would publish my wife's age!). Thank God for my wife!