Piety Hill Musings

The ramblings of the Rector of St. John's Episcopal Church of Detroit. Piety Hill refers to the old name for our neighborhood. The neighborhood has changed a great deal in the over 160 years we have been on this corner (but not our traditional biblical theology) and it is now known for the neighboring theatres, the professional baseball and football stadiums and new hockey/basketball arena.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Now for the first time in my ministry....

...I am a solo clergyman on staff.

At Good Shepherd, Rosemont, PA I was the curate, with a rector and two other priests (a local boarding school chaplain and a retired Villanova University professor).

At St. Mary's in Charleroi, PA I was the Rector and I had a vocational deacon on staff, who had been there over 30 years.

And of course here at St. John's Fr. Bedford was on staff (as well as having a curate for a little while).

Now 14 years after being ordained I am flying solo for clergy.

(also interestingly the diocese the ordained me has left the Episcopal Church, that first parish is in litigation about leaving the Episcopal Church, and the second parish and its diocese has also left the Episcopal Church).

Pray for me.