Piety Hill Musings

The ramblings of the Rector of St. John's Episcopal Church of Detroit. Piety Hill refers to the old name for our neighborhood. The neighborhood has changed a great deal in the over 160 years we have been on this corner (but not our traditional biblical theology) and it is now known for the neighboring theatres, the professional baseball and football stadiums and new hockey/basketball arena.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Thinking baseball I - Andrew










Last night was the draft for second season. Once again I am managing a team. And after a few weeks off we get back at it next week (although Sam and I will miss the first week due to St. Michael's Conference). I have Sam and Andrew on my team, and William will be playing for the same coach he had for first season that one the World Series for Grosse Pointe Park.










But I downloaded pictures today from my camera and found the following pictures from earlier in the year - so I thought I would throw them up here.
Here is Andrew's hitting routine. 1) Hold the bat out and up, 2) get ready to swing, 3) hit the ball.