Piety Hill Musings

The ramblings of the Rector of St. John's Episcopal Church of Detroit. Piety Hill refers to the old name for our neighborhood. The neighborhood has changed a great deal in the over 160 years we have been on this corner (but not our traditional biblical theology) and it is now known for the neighboring theatres, the professional baseball and football stadiums and new hockey/basketball arena.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Monday, May 29, 2006

So do I get my mid-life crisis mustang yet?

Okay - just kidding. I don't REALLY want a mustang (it is pretty impractical AND would lead me into temptation to ride over the speed limit), but today, May 29th, I turn 40. The BIG FOUR-ZERO! WOW.

Thank you to all, particularly those at Church today, for the kind birthday wishes, and for the nice gift from the congregation (a gift certificate to Harry the Hatter so I can finally get the fedora I have been desiring), as well as the gift from the Altar Guild.

It would have been nice if the Tigers could have given us the gift of a victory for our parish Tiger Outing today, but heck at 35 and 15 we can't complain about the Tigers this year! I will post pictures later from the game.