Piety Hill Musings

The ramblings of the Rector of St. John's Episcopal Church of Detroit. Piety Hill refers to the old name for our neighborhood. The neighborhood has changed a great deal in the over 160 years we have been on this corner (but not our traditional biblical theology) and it is now known for the neighboring theatres, the professional baseball and football stadiums and new hockey/basketball arena.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Monday, September 11, 2006

We remember - 9/11

It has been an exhausting two days, remembering the events of 9/11/01. After thinking I wouldn't, I watched nearly all 3 hours of the ABC mini-series about the events leading up to 9/11. Earlier in the weekend I caught snippets of various shows about the attacks on The History Channel. Today I participated in the Detroit Police/Fire Departments Memorial Service at Campus Martius Park, and we had our 12:15pm service at St. John's, with the opportunity to pray for those who have died, their families, and our country. Afterwards I went to Roll Call at Central District (I am a DPD chaplain) and the officers and I mused upon the events of 9/11 and how precious and fragile life is, as well as the presence of evil!

I guess I will watch the end of the mini-series tonight and then offer it all up in prayer before going to bed tonight.

May God have mercy on us all!