Piety Hill Musings

The ramblings of the Rector of St. John's Episcopal Church of Detroit. Piety Hill refers to the old name for our neighborhood. The neighborhood has changed a great deal in the over 160 years we have been on this corner (but not our traditional biblical theology) and it is now known for the neighboring theatres, the professional baseball and football stadiums and new hockey/basketball arena.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

It's that time of the year....

....when I over-do it to start the baseball season!

Yesterday, with it being 75 degrees and sunny, and my day off, the boys and I packed up the equipment and went to the ball field to practice hitting. Each boy got two at bats, with over 30 balls in the bucket (plus a few extras here and there). And William got a third go around to show Mommy his hitting skill when she and Meg returned from the kiddie park.

So over 225 pitches later, after the winter off, I can't lift my arm over my head. It was so sore last night that it actually woke me up from my sleep! But ice and several Advil later, and it is starting to feel a bit better!
Andrew and Sam will be playing Double A together, on the Giants, here in Grosse Pointe Park. William is playing Single A on the GPPLL Orioles.
Practices start this weekend...I will try to avoid throwing batting practice to start!