Piety Hill Musings

The ramblings of the Rector of St. John's Episcopal Church of Detroit. Piety Hill refers to the old name for our neighborhood. The neighborhood has changed a great deal in the over 160 years we have been on this corner (but not our traditional biblical theology) and it is now known for the neighboring theatres, the professional baseball and football stadiums and new hockey/basketball arena.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Thursday, April 19, 2007

You never know who is reading your blog!

I received a phone call tonight from the producer of Dinner:Impossible. He read my blog and called to dispute my account of the Psi U house's condition and how they presented it. He didn't say they didn't add the pizza boxes, but he did say that it certainly wasn't in pristine condition - so please accept my apology for mistating that. I will (have) revised the entry below to be a bit more fair.

But I also think he heard my complaint, as a former fraternity executive, that describing the house on the blog and commercials as an "animal house" was certainly unfair. He admitted that it was the best condition house of the three sites they scouted, and that the men of Psi U were certainly outstanding people (which came across in the show, I do believe).

So, perhaps the kitchen was not pristine, but it was certainly no animal house.

Wow - you never know who reads your blog!